Tsogo Sun Gaming’s number one gaming property, the Gauteng-based MonteCasino has announced an upcoming poker series for players to enter. The Poker Series will take place between July 5th and August 29th and offers a prize pool of over R10 million! MonteCasino has partnered with ShuffleUp Poker to launch the never-seen-before poker extravaganza.
This is not the first time that ShuffleUp Poker has made a mark on the South African bricks-and-mortar poker world. The group has hosted many prestigious events across the country and overseas over the past 15 years. In fact, ShuffleUp Poker has successfully run no less than three World Series of Poker (WSOP) and 17 World Poker Tour (WPT) tournaments in the past.
Montecasino is excited about partnering with ShuffleUp, andhopes to bring an exciting new look and feel to the local poker scene. Players can compliment their poker gaming with an entire range of fantastic casino games offered on the MonteCasinogaming floor, including slots, roulette, blackjack and more. The casino offers a wide choice of betting ranges, from a few Rand to highroller sums. How the MonteCasino Poker Series Will Work
How the MonteCasino Poker Series Will Work
Players will be able to enter satellites that run daily at MonteCasino from July 5th until August 22nd, 2021. During these events, players will have the opportunity to win their way into the main tournament. Events will cater to all South African poker fans, and buy ins will range from free to R3,000. The chief executive officer of ShuffleUp, Gary Lentin said this about the upcoming Poker Series.
“This first start-up series will be held in the Poker Room on the casino floor, the follow-up series, taking place later in the year, will be held in a newly dedicated poker area which will be even more exciting, bigger and better than anything that’s ever been seen in South Africa before.” Lentin added: “The tournament itself has magnificent events that are sure to get you excited to be back at the poker table. Event buy-ins will range from R1,000 – R50,000.”
- The Poker Series will be held in the impressive MonteCasino Poker Lounge.
- All buy-in satellite events from July 5th will be in ZAR, with players winning seats into specified events. All buy-ins into the Series of Poker will also be in ZAR.
- Players who want to enter the event should go to the designated cash desk and follow the registration process.
- Visit the MonteCasino The Poker Series page to find out about information about all the events, including format, starting time, duration, buy-in and entry costs and lifelines.
- The daily satellite tournaments are in No Limit Texas Hold’em Poker format. Any seats won are not transferable for cash or to another player. If players cannot attend the tournament after winning a seat, a 75% refund will be given at the end of the Poker Series.
- Players who win multiple seats to the same event in satellites will be allowed to change the extra seats for free.
- All poker rules are the same as those used in No Limit Hold’em Poker as per the Rules of the Poker Handbook.