Playtech has launched a brand-new slots series called Shoot for Cash, created for the software giant by the independent games studio, Origins. The first game in the series is Space Hunter which promises to be an exciting new addition to Playtech-powered online casino for South African players.
This is an arcade-style slot game that uses the favourite retro-style so popular among players. Playtech and Origins have expanded on players’ thirst for quality arcade games, mixed with the last word in online slots technology, and the result is truly explosive.
Key features of Space Hunter Slot
- Players get to control power cannons and shoot spaceships to win big prizes.
- The bigger the spaceship that is hit, the higher the payout won.
- Free Shots mode: players can take shot with cannons during the free spins round. The power of each cannon differs. Land a powerful level and blast your way to big hits.
- Supernova Explosion feature: All ships in the surrounding area have the potential to be destroyed for some big rewards.
What the professionals are saying
As per a manager of a popular Playtech online casino that’sfrequented by South African players: “Shoot for Cash is an inventive and highly engaging format, and we’re delighted to have had the opportunity to launch Space Hunter for an exclusive period. The player reaction so far has been fantastic, with all the signs being that both Space Hunter and the wider Shoot for Cash concept have what it takes to be long-term favourites.”
The head of Content Unit at Playtech, Eran Gilboa said that the company was very excited by the potential of Space Hunter and the Shoot for Cash series. He noted that for over four decades, arcade shooters have been a huge favourite with players. Bringing this style of gameplay to slots offers something genuinely fresh to regulated casino markets, he added. Also commenting was the producer of games at Origins, the independent studio which partnered with Playtech to create content for the group.
Amir Levy noted that the new slot, Space Hunter, and the wider Shoot for Cash format is unlike anything that Origins has produced before. He said that it has been a major project for Origins studio to create such an innovative format.
“The result is a massively entertaining title that we are confident will be enjoyed by all kinds of players; slots fans and gamers alike. We are proud to deliver a truly original game to audiences in regulated markets worldwide,” said Levy. Shoot for Cash is only one of several new slot games released by Playtech in recent months.
New games include:
- Monkey and Rat slot (May 2021)
- Atlantis Cash Collect (June 2021)
- Age of the Gods: Norse Legends (May 2021)
- Ishtar Power Zones (June 2021)
- Jackpot Blitz: Rhino Blitz (April 2021)
- Flaming Bars (April 2021)
- Absolutely Mammoth (April 2021)
- Gold Pile Orangutan! (April 2021)
- Red Wizard Fire Blaze Classics (March 2021)
- Sahara Riches: Cash Collect (March 2021)
- Mayan Blocks (March 2021)
- Chili Eruption Thundershots (March 2021)
- Glorious Guardians (March 2021)