Sportstake 13 is one of two sports-themed games offered by the South African National Lottery operator, Ithuba. The game has created with football fans in mind, and calls for players to correctly predict the results of 13 pre-defined matches. These matches incorporate teams from South Africa, the United Kingdom and other professional soccer fixtures from around the globe.
The soccer jackpot pool regularly has prizes that exceed R300,000 if players correctly predict all 13 featured results. This makes it an excellent choice for players who love mixing affordable gambling with their love of football.
???? Sportstake 13 in a Nutshell
- A single board costs just R2 to play.
- The maximum wager per bet slip is R2,000.
- A single or multi-play option is available.
- The multi-play bet cost is calculated by multiplying the number of boards with R2.
- A Propick option is available.
- There is no Multi-Draw option.
- Players must be 18 years old or more to take part in a Sportstake 13 game.
- Draws are conducted every Monday and Friday before 09:00.
- Lottery tickets can be bought Monday to Fridays between 6 am and 11 pm, as well as Saturdays between 6 am and up to half an hour before the first announced football match begins.
- Fixture results are considered to be the final match score after 90 minutes of play or after extra time. Results do not include penalty shoot-out.
- Should a fixture be cancelled, postponed or rescheduled before midnight on the day of the published kick-off time, all selections will be considered valid and correct.
❓ How to Play Sportstake 13
Buy tickets at a lottery retailer:
- Get a Fixture List for the game and predict the outcome for each of the 13 proposed matches.
- Mark your predictions in the tick box for each fixture by using a black pen or pencil.
- If you think the match will end in a draw – mark the box with [x]
- If you think the match will end with a home win – mark the box with a 
- If you think the match will end with a home loss/away win – mark the box with a 
- If you make a mistake, mark the [Cancel box]
- Give the lottery retailer teller your slip and make your payment.
- The teller will give you a receipt with your chosen numbers.
- Mark your name at the back of the receipt to protect your ticket if you are a winner.
- A maximum of 3 boards per coupon can be completed for each single fixture outcome wager. You can select multiple outcomes for a match fixture (maximum of 3 outcomes per fixture).
????????Play Sportstake 13 Online
You can play Sportstake 13 online just as you would at a lottery retailer. The only difference is that the bet slip is virtual and you will mark your choices online. You can play online if you open an account through the official Ithuba National Lottery website and transfer funds into that account. In that way, you can wager as much as you choose.
Using Propick as a Betting Option
Sportstake 13 can also be played by using Propick. This system function supports the player in selecting 13 outcomes. The lottery processing system produces a pre-defined Multi-Play bet with so-called weighted outcomes on your behalf.
To use this system, pick the board you wish to play (4, 8, 16, and so forth). You will see that the Propick selections appear in a green box on the bet slip.
Ask the lottery retailer about Propick.
???? How to Win in Sportstake 13
If you match 13, 12, 11 or 10 outcomes, you will win a share of the prize pool, according to specified divisions.
The prizes are divided as follows:
- Prize Division 1: You need to match all 13 outcomes from the Fixture List
- Prize Division 2: You need to match 12 outcomes from the Fixture List
- Prize Division 3: You need to match 11 outcomes from the Fixture List
- Prize Division 4: You need to match 10 outcomes from the Fixture List
The prize pools are divided as follows:
- If there are no winners in Division 1, the prize pool will be rolled over to the next draw’s corresponding division.
- If there are no winners in Division 2, the prize pool rolls down to the lower divisions. The prize will be split equally – ie. half to Division 3 and half to Division 4.
- If there are no winners in Division 3, the prize pool will be rolled down to Division 4.
- If there are no winners in Division 2 – 4, the prize pool will be rolled over to the next draw’s Division 1.
- Prizes are rounded off to the nearest 10c.
The following is a table of the four prize divisions, the approximate odds of winning per entry and the pool fund, as it appears on the official National Lottery website:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
???? When can I buy Sportstake 13 tickets?
For midweek lists, you can buy tickets from Sunday, from 6 am until 30 minutes before the start of the first fixture on the list. For weekend lists, you can buy tickets from Thursday, from 6 am until 30 minutes before the start of the first fixture on the list.
???? How to claim the Sportstake 13 prize?
If your prize is worth up to R2,000, you can claim it at any lottery retailer. If your prize ranges between R2,000 and R50,000, you need to claim it at your post office. If your prize is worth over R50,000, you need to claim it at an Ithuba regional office.
???? Where can I see Sportstake 13 results?
Bookmark this page where you will see the results updated after every draw. You can also check the results on the official National Lottery website, at lottery retailers or through social media.